It is hard to see right now, but this is the beginnings of my next bird painting... I've been saving this reference for some time now... never quite having the confidence to give it a try. So... sitting and staring at my black supports this week I decided there is no time like now!
Not much painting done this weekend, but holey smokes did I get a lot of yard work done. The forecast for the next week is nothing but rain... rain... rain... all the way at least until the weekend. I figured I can lots of painting done then. Though, I did manage to finish this guy. I struggled a bit with the greens for the pansy and a little on the background. Unless there is a trick I am missing, I find laying down washes on aquabord very tricky sometimes.
I should call this one impatiently waiting for spring.... as it seems every time it tries to be spring outside, the snow flies. sigh. I haven't painted much this last week, been busy in the yard getting it ready for spring... cleaning flower beds, raking the lawn, and other fun things. It is suppose to be another crummy (long) weekend so I plan to get finish up some of my many works in progress (including this one which will be available in my Etsy store when it is done).
I started working on the companion piece to my white tulip... it is another white tulip, though a slightly different pose. In the past, painting flowers has always guaranteed a certain amount of frustration. These two have actually been quiet fun to paint so far.
I can't believe March has come and gone already (where has the time gone!)! The first 'dead' under layer to my tulip painting is now finished, just waiting for the paint to dry so I can begin adding the colours. I usually paint small, though the times that I do paint larger I really really enjoy. Perhaps... I should start painting larger more often.