August 07, 2006

Confessions of a Sketchbook Collector

I am a collector of sketchbooks... have far too many, and don't nearly use them enough. They are of all sizes... big, small, thick, and thin. I take one with me on trips, another I use coloured pencil in, and yet another is a college of magazine clippings, quick sketches, and bit of nature glued into the pages. Unfortunately, my favourite sketches don't often end up in my sketchbooks... Sometimes they are on scraps of paper that I loose over time. I know, I should add them to my books, but I never seem to remember to do that.





This sketch I completed some time ago. Its part of a collection of sketches of mermaids. Its my attempt to remember how an earlier mermaid drawing looked on a scrap piece of paper that I did in my first year of university. Its pretty close to what I remember, but I did a much better job on the arms and face on the first one.

Technorati Tags: , ,, , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...