March 13, 2007

Morning Light, Work in Progress, Part 2

I made some progress on my lighthouse painting this weekend - I finished painting the lighthouse itself. I still got the forground rocks and trees to finish. I am hoping to get some good painting time this week to finish that up.


lighthouse
"Morning Light"
8" x 10" oil on stretched linen
© 2007


I really like the way the painting is progressing. Its taking me a little longer than I hoped to finish it, but that's okay. I've noticed a few compositional things that if I were to redo this painting that I would do different. I think I positioned the lighthouse too far to the left. I think more of it should be showning. But... these are the things one learns as they paint. The next one will be that much better!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...