March 27, 2007

Summer Berries, Work in Progress

I'm taking a short break from the lighthouse painting to let the paint dry a little. One of the dangers of oil paints I have found is that since it takes a while for the paint to dry... I am more likely to put my fingers into the wet paint and smudge it around. Nothing serious... just a little green in the lighthouse.... nothing a little paint won't fix.

So... I started painting another couple little masterpieces. This first one is of a chickadee checking out the season's raspberries. One of my favourite fruits of summer is the raspberry. I remember sneaking into my Baba's (my Grannie's) garden to steal raspberries when nobody was looking. Ahhh... the fun summer memories.


Chickadee oil painting
"Summer Berries"
3.5" x 2.5" oil on canvas paper
© 2007


Tomorrow I'll share another little masterpiece in progress.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...