June 07, 2007

Lighthouse Park, Part 7

I've gotten a little bit more done on this painting. I've added some greys to the left side of the lighthouse and started adding some of the yellow to the bushes in the front.


lighthouse oil painting
"Lighthouse Park, WIP"
8" x 10" oil on stretched linen
© 2007


I'm using two different combinations of grey for the lighthouse... depending on whether it is the sunny side of the shadowy side. The sunny side is a mixture of cerulean blue and cadnium orange, and the shadowy side is ultramarine blue and burnt sienna. I'm thinking the combination so far, but taking it slow so I don't create unintentional mud.

I have a couple of other smaller paintings I've been working on on the side, but not quite done yet. I'm hoping to finish one tomorrow night and I'll post it when its done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...