September 03, 2007

Salt Shaker

I wanted to try my had at another glassy still life and this salt shaker caught my eye. I kept the colours simple in this one... focusing more on the values than worrying about colours. The only colours used were mars black, paynes grey, and titanium-zinc white.


watercolor chickadee painting
"Salt Shaker"
2.5" x 3.5" oil on gessoed matboard
© 2007


This weekend was a busy one for me. I have my eyes on an upcoming petite art show and I have been busy cutting mats for a whole slew of little paintings. I've also been busy sketching out several more miniature paintings that I am hoping to be done in time for the entry deadline. This will be my first juried art show and I got my fingers cross! Entry isn't for another month, but if I do get accepted I will be making an announcement in this blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...