October 11, 2007

Chipmunk, Work in Progress

I was brave and decided to try fur in oils... I'm finding the fur is taking me much longer to do than feathers but, then again, I seem to be putting in much more detail into this guy than I have with my birds. This is two evenings worth of work, and I am hoping I'll need just one more evening to complete it. Even though it is taking me a while to finish... I have been very much enjoying the process. I'm using a multitude of browns, whites, greys, and a lonely green with my goal being to get as close as possible to capturing the colour of a chipmunk. I will be definitely posting a completing version of this guy.


chipmunk oil painting
A yet unnamed chipmunk
3.5" x 2.5" oil on gessoed canvas paper
© 2007

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...