December 19, 2007

Swallow, Almost Done

I'm almost done this one... just a few more highlights left once the paint is a bit more tacky and I think I'll call it done. I'm really happy with the way the feathers turned out on this little guy. I spent some extra time on them trying to get the shapes just right. I kept my palette fairly limited: indigo, turquoise blue, titanium-zinc white, burnt sienna, and just a touch of raw sienna.


oil flower painting
"Swallow"
2.5" x 3.5" oil gessoed matboard
© 2007


I also treated myself to some new paints this Christmas as Daniel Smith Art Materials is having a bit of special with their watercolour triads (free shipping to Canada!). Here's to hoping that the colours don't get hung up in customs for too long and I can experiment with them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...