December 12, 2007

Swallow, A Work in Progress

This evening I managed to get a little bit more done on this little sparrow. He is fun to paint, but the blues are difficult for me to to, especially capturing the bright highlights on the feathers. My goal is to have this one finished by the end of the week so it can have the weekend to dry and then receive varnish next week. I am working on a deadline on this one as he is a commission for a friend for Christmas.


oil flower painting
"Swallow"
2.5" x 3.5" oil gessoed matboard
© 2007


I also got word tonight that one of my paintings sold at the gallery (yipee!!). The one that sold is Quiet Contimplation... and is a favourite of mine. There are ten more days left to the show and as much as I would like to hang the paintings back on my walls I would be complete ecstatic if they sold.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...