June 21, 2008

Just a Friendly Hello

As promised... here's a bird facing a direction other than left. The reference from this beautiful little White-Breasted Nuthatch is from Wetcanvas.com though I can't remember who posted it.


nuthatch oil painting
"Just a Friendly Hello"
3.5" x 2.5" oil on gessoed canvas paper
© 2008


I had a lot of fun mixing blues and greens in this painting... and I think I found the perfect deep ocean blue (upper center of the painting). Unfortunately... I don't remember what was mixed... Oh well, I shall play again!

As much as I said that I wouldn't spend anymore money on art supplies, Opus is having a blow-out inventory sale right now and I picked up some new brushes and watercolour paints (Daniel Smith of course). I hope to play around with some of these colours in the next couple days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...