October 12, 2008

Apple Splash, Update

I put this one aside for a while, getting too overwhelmed by all the details in the picture. Sometimes taking a break from something helps to clear the head so one can figure out a plan to continue forward. In my case, the acrylic paintings (yes, I've started another acrylic painting), helped to to give me the mental break needed for this one.


chickadee watercolour painting
Apple Splash, work in progress
11" x 14" oil on canvas
© 2008


I've been concentrating on the water stream and working out from there. So far so good... My palette has been very limited so far. The darks are a combination of ivory black and burnt umber, and the lights are titanium-zinc white. I'm generally following the wonderful workshop by WFMartin on Wetcanvas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...