December 07, 2008

Apple Splash, Work in Progress

Got a little more done on this apple painting yesterday and today. Its been staring at me from the easel for the last couple of weeks and I've decided that it is about time that I finished it. Most of my effort yesterday was taming the 'fluorescent'-ness of the greens/yellows of the apple. Today, it was working on the background (a nice glaze of indigo) and working on the details on the water stream. I've been working more tonight and post that update tomorrow when I have some natural light to photograph it.


chickadee watercolour painting
Apple Splash, work in progress
11" x 14" oil on canvas
© 2008


post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Madelaine! You did such a beautiful job with the water in this painting! It looks so real. :)

Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...