March 06, 2009

Spring is in the Air

Just finished this one this morning.... an unusual painting for me as there are two chickadees in this one. I also decided to up the challenge on this one and paint some (dreaded) flowers. They turned out okay.. but, more practice is still needed. I'm getting the colours closer to what I like, now I just need to work out those shadows.


bird Painting
Spring is in the Air
4" x 6" watercolour
© 2009


Spring is on its way on the west coast. I saw my first flowers of the season this last weekend... beautiful little snow drops and another flower I don't know what the name is. Soon, the cherry trees will start blossoming and I'll truly know that spring is here!

post signature

2 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! Adorable.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! This one is featured on today's WWAO Etsy Showcase!

Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...