January 17, 2010

Malanka - Portrait of a Puppy (WIP)

I've started another work-in-progress last night... yes yes, I know, I have way too many paintings on the go... but, I have my reasons. This one is a memorial portrait of Malanka for my parents. And, since in a couple of weeks I will be traveling through their home town I thought I would have this one ready so I can give it to them in person.

And why, you ask, am I passing through the heart of the Canadian prairies during the winter? Well, since my rather cryptic announcement of big news in the new year I was reminded that I never actually posted what the big news was/is. So... without further adieu I shall announce it: In less than two weeks I begin a new adventure of packing up my place (which has started) and traveling across the country with two cats to Newmarket, Ontario where I will be starting a new job.

As a result, postings (and paintings) will be sporadic over the next month or so until I get a new place to live and have internet access.


watercolour pet portrait painting
Malanka, Work in Progress
4" x 4" Watercolour on Aquabord
© 2009

2 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Malanka is already adorable! May your big adventure bring you all good things.

Laure Ferlita said...

Congrats on the big news!! And best wishes for a wonderful adventure!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...