April 09, 2010

New Apple Work in Progress

I couldn't help it but start another shiney apple painting, this time using bigger Aquabord from Daniel Smith (brand new supplies... ). I'm still working on the grapes oil painting... but I was looking for something that I could work on in the evenings for short 'bursts' of painting time. Watercolours are the best for that since there is little cleanup between painting sessions.



watercolour pet portrait painting
Apple Work in Progress
6" x 6" Watercolour on Aquabord
© 2010


Last weekend was such a sunny, warm, bright weekend that I decided to make cinnamon buns. Initially, I was worried about not having enough heat to rise the dough. Then... after noticing the cats were strangely missing for several hours... I was worried that the cats 'took care' of the dough for me. But alas... I found two cats curled up with the dough ensuring it was safe and sound (or just stealing sunshine from the dough).


watercolour pet portrait painting
Guard Cats
© 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...