May 11, 2011

The Take Off - Work in Progress - Step 3

Painting has taken a bit of the back seat to my days lately... so much to do in the yard and garden during this spring season... I am almost done. The front flower beds are just about ready, only a layer of mulch left to put down to help keep in the moisture during the hot summer. The back is almost done as well... one more garden bed to prepare for the tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, and zucchini. Then... only basic maintenance needed so I will be able to have much more painting time. This year I hope to move my easel outside during the nice days and do some painting there.

In the mean time, I did get a little further on this work in progress. I have the head starting to be filled in which has really nicely tied together the two wings. I can actually see the loon now. I've also started to detail the water a little more... adding just enough turquoise to add that sparkle.

The Take Off
10" x 8" watercolour on aquabord
© 2011

Photo Reference kindly provided by Alan and Elaine Wilson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...