June 06, 2012

A New Beginning - WIP

So... it might not look like much has been done since my last update of this painting, but lots has.  Multiple layers have gone into the bottom (greens, reds, and purples) and the two lily leaves as I am trying my hand at not using convenience greens (though I have to admit, some has sneaked in).

Another note, perhaps this should be a lesson learned.... if you are going to scrub the colour off of aquabord, don't scrub too hard using a magic eraser.... it just rubs off the texture that allows the watercolour to stick.  Thus, the bottom section of this painting is taking a little longer as it is as slippery as ice!!

Next up, Mr. Chickadee.



 A New Beginning
6" x 6" watercolour
© 2012


1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Madelaine - stumbled on your blog from Vicki's-Garden of Weeden - love your little chickadee - they are one of my favorite birds. I will be back to visit again. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...