May 28, 2007

Nothin But Blue Skies

This little painting is an experiment (or practise if you wish) to help me find the perfect blue (or combination of blues) for the ocean in my lighthouse painting. One of the frustrating area's of my first lighthouse painting was the ocean. I just couldn't get it to look right or to have depth. I have issues with mixing my blues and I do believe that one of my problems is that I mix too much... thus creating a variation of mud. In this little painting, I tried to keep my mixing on the canvas paper to a minimum, which I think helped a little.


beach oil painting
"Nothin But Blue Skies"
2.5" x 3.5" oil on canvas paper
© 2007


My palette for this painting was simple: titanium-zinc white, prussian blue, burnt siennna, and raw sienna.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...