May 27, 2007

Sunday Flight

When I feel like I am loosing my painting mojo... a chickadee can help me find it again. I just absolutely love painting these little guys .. they are cute, adorable, and relaxing. I use a limited palette when painting the birds... usually a combination of ultramarine blue, burnt sienna, and paynes grey. I can create all my greys (warm and cool) from these colours.


chickadee watercolor painting
"Sunday Flight"
3.5" x 2.5" watercolour on paper
© 2007


I have put a bit of a colour layer on my lighthouse painting, though I am not happy with the clouds. Clouds have been a bit of a nemesis to me and I think it is going to be a lot of experimentation to find that perfect combonation of colours. I'll post an update a little later today.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...