January 10, 2008

Cruising Through

I love the pose of this chickadee... it looks like he has stopped just long enough for a quick pose before taking off to the sky again. I've also noted that this is my 40th miniature chickadee painting!


oil flower painting
"Cruising Through"
3.5" x 2.5" watercolour
© 2008


I've been playing around with my new watercolours in my sketchbook (yup, I've sketched in it nearly everyday) and absolutely loving them. I've almost completed a mini painting using most of my new colours... I'll definitely be posting that one tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this little chickadee have your new Daniel Smith colors? If so, which ones?

Laure

Madelaine said...

Hi Laure,
This one only has a touch of the Quinacridone Gold Deep in the body... but that colour alone is well worth the purchase of the rest of the Toucan Triad. I've painted a hummingbird that has a combination of most of my new colours (couldn't resist). I'll be posting that one tonight.

The colours in this chickadee were: Quinacridone Gold Deep, Ivory Black, Indigo, Burnt Sienna.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...