January 11, 2008

Jewel

This is my first full (albeit small) painting using my new Daniel Smith paints. The colours used include: transparent pyrrol orange, phthalo turquoise, duochrome saguaro green, quinacrodone deepd gold, deep sea green, natural sleeping beauty turquoise, burnt seinna, and a rose colour (I honestly can't remember what it is called).


watercolor hummingbird painting
"Jewel"
3.5" x 2.5" watercolour
© 2008


I've been doing more work in my sketchbook as well... trying out some small scale paintings that might just become larger paintings. I'm trying to come up with a good composition for a painting above my couch. I got a couple of good possibilities... I'll scan in some of the work from my sketchbook this weekend and share.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...