August 15, 2008

Stanley Park Lighthouse

I was hoping to have this one completed by now (it was suppose to be a quick loose painting) but, the heatwave hit and my west facing place has just been too warm to do much. I've been slowly plugging away at it... usually in the cool evenings. My goal... this weekend. This one will be complete and I hope to get another layer (or more) done on the boat painting that I started a while ago.

chickadee watercolour painting
"Stanley Park Lighthouse"
8" x 10" oil on stretched canvas
© 2008

This is the lighthouse in Stanley Park in Vancouver, British Columbia. I've photographed it often, but really loved this particular view that I caught on camera a couple weeks back. It was a warm summery day spent walking the sea wall with my parents... a feeling I am hoping to capture with this painting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...