September 27, 2008

Oil Paintings in Progress

Tonight was a 'work on all the other paintings I've started' and I ended up going back and forth between two paintings that have been sitting on my easel (or on my wall) drying. This first one, started in the summer has received another layer of paint on the boat and I've started putting in the details into the hull. Its slow going, but that's okay. I'm a slow painting.


chickadee watercolour painting
Gisbson's Landing, work in progress
9" x 11" oil on canvas
© 2008


The other paintings that I was working on tonight was started last month and is based of one of my photographs. It will be similar in style to my last apple/water painting, only this time it will be bigger. I'm also trying out a more detailed griselle before going onto the colour layers.


chickadee watercolour painting
Apple Splash, work in progress
11" x 14" oil on canvas
© 2008


Sorry about the glare off these paintings.... the paint is still very wet and my daylight bulb is horrible for being difficult to photograph under.

Quote of the day: Very little is needed to make a happy life. It is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180), Roman emperor and philosopher

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...