September 07, 2008

Splash!

As promised... here are a couple of my favourite pictures that I've taken recently(and at least one is a reference for a future oil painting....). These two are the favourites from over 800 photographs I took... sheesh... I am so happy that I don't have to pay developing fees for these. The trick, I found, to get these pictures is to ensure you have your flash set on, the macro setting used, and lots and lots of patience. Oh, and in case anyone is curious.... I'm using a Canon Elph Powershot SD1000 (a very fun toy!).


apple photography
"Splash 1"
digital photograph
© 2008


I've already started drawing out the above photographs onto canvas paper. I'm planning on a series of paintings similar to "Frozen in Time", but larger. I really like the way the apple painting looks matted and framed (seen in the background of this photograph). I've got the matting ready but still looking for a good frame to complement the painting. I'll post updates of this painting as I get work done on it.


apple photography
"Splash 2"
digital photograph
© 2008

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...