Was a busy day today and I did not get any work done on the hummingbird painting. So, I am going to post the startings on a new oil painting that I began during the holidays. It is based on a photograph I took last year after the ice storm of 2013. I have so many beautiful pictures of the ice crystals against the blue sky that I had a hard time deciding which one to paint.
So, I didn't get as much done as I hoped on this little guy tonight... I did manage to work a little on the leaves on the right side so I thought I would post what I did get done. Leaves (and flowers) are my nemesis and someday I will master them. Until then, I will muddle along. They do say "practice makes perfect".
I've started another new one... though I am struggling with is a little. I just don't think I got the shading right on the body, though it doesn't look all that bad on my computer. I hope to have the bird completed tomorrow and then I can begin the leaves and flowers on the right side.