Was a busy day today and I did not get any work done on the hummingbird painting. So, I am going to post the startings on a new oil painting that I began during the holidays. It is based on a photograph I took last year after the ice storm of 2013. I have so many beautiful pictures of the ice crystals against the blue sky that I had a hard time deciding which one to paint.
So, I didn't get as much done as I hoped on this little guy tonight... I did manage to work a little on the leaves on the right side so I thought I would post what I did get done. Leaves (and flowers) are my nemesis and someday I will master them. Until then, I will muddle along. They do say "practice makes perfect".
I've started another new one... though I am struggling with is a little. I just don't think I got the shading right on the body, though it doesn't look all that bad on my computer. I hope to have the bird completed tomorrow and then I can begin the leaves and flowers on the right side.
Finished! Though, I had a terrible time trying to get an accurate photo of this one. This one is a bite to "contrasty" and bright, but it is fairly accurate. I'll try to take a better photo later when my camera has charged a little.
Its hard to get a good scan of this one, so I will have to try to take a picture of it tomorrow in the light. I'm almost finished the bluebird and then a few little areas to finish on the background and the berries he is standing on. Hopefully, when I post the update to this painting tomorrow, he will be finished.
A new painting for a new year.... Well, a new started painting anyways. I hope to make more time for painting this coming year as I know this past year I didn't nearly take the time to paint often enough.