An update on Indie's portrait tonight.... I've gotten a little more done on her face and I've started working on her neck. Once done the this first layer, I'll be going back over with another layer (or two) tweaking the shadows, highlights and adding a few hairs in select locations.
I have to admit that I am really enjoying the process of painting this large and painting someone's pet. Had me thinking about painting my own guys and more pet portraits for others.
I'm almost done these cute little guys... will definitely be finished tomorrow. Then, approval from their new owner and off to the UK! My favourite part... the salt effect in the background. It adds just enough texture without being too much. I have to admit it is one of my favourite techniques (when it works that is).
I hope you aren't getting tired of all the works-in-progress lately... I do finish them, honestly! A little further on these cute little guys (whose destination is the UK). Only another session (or two) and they will be done and off to their new owner! Then back to Indie's portrait.
I tackled the background today, giving it a slight taupe/naples yellow colour... just enough to add some warmth to the painting, but not enough to take away from the portrait. This is going to need a few days to dry before I can continue on the painting.
Indie's face is really starting to come together. Tonight I spent a couple of hours working on her left side and her ear... still sticking to my simple palette of browns, white, blue, and black. I am really loving the versatility of these colours and how well the portrait is tied together.
I've managed to get a little more done on Indie in between the sniffles and the sneezing. This cold business is really starting to wear me down. sigh. Anyways... Indie's portrait is really starting to look good and I am really happy with the way it is turning out. Only real challenge yet is what colour to make the background....