August 30, 2006

Paint a Day Project

I've been thinking of starting a 'painting a day/week' project (inspired by Duane Keiser very successful Painting a Day blog ). It would be a challenge to complete a new painting everyday or everyweek considering it usually takes me a month to complete anything. But, the benefits would be awesome: I would be improving my painting skills and perhaps hopefully make a little money at it. The only thing I have noticed is that almost all of the paintings on these successful 'painting a day' blogs are oil based paintings, not acrylic or watercolour. I wonder if acrylic paintings can be as successful as oil based? Any thoughts?

Regardless, I am going to give this challenge a go. Initially I am going to do a small format painting a week and perhaps work myself up to a painting a day. Small format paintings will be 5" x 7" or smaller, depending on what size suppport I have available. All paintings will be for sale on this blog through paypal. The first painting should be up in the next week or so.

Well, I guess with that, I'm off to paint!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...