November 20, 2006

Painting Tour of British Columbia #1

Since I am painting sights around where I live, I thought I would share a painting tour of my area. These paintings will vary in size and will be for sale unless other wise indicated.

This first painting is of Active Pass, the main route for boat and ferry traffic between Vancouver (Tswaassen) and Vancouver island.


"Active Pass"
Watercolour on 300lbs Arches cold pressed watercolour paper
3.5" x 2.5"


In this painting, a fisherman heading off for a days work as seen from one of the BC ferries. Active pass is a beautiful area full of seals, birds, and even the occasional pod of orcas come through. The islands around Active Pass are really close together… in some places there is less than one kilometer for two ferries to pass side by side.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...