August 27, 2007

Morning Cup, Work in Progress

It's been a while since I played with my acrylic paints, but the quick drying time (even with glazing medium) absolutely drove me batty. So, to solve the problem, I picked up a stay-wet palette not too long ago. And... I love it! I've only been using it for two nights now (in between oil painting) but I can't believe how much fun acrylics are again. I can put the paint down and it is still usable even the next day. Its absolutely brilliant!


watercolor chickadee painting
"Morning Cup"
10" x 8" acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas
© 2007


I started this painting last summer when it eventually went into my 'complete sometime in the future' pile. I've rescued it from that pile and I hope to finish it this week. I'm still working on little oil paintings at the same time (multi-tasking at its best I tell you) and I'll post those as I complete them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...