September 23, 2007

Fall Lookout

This is the third bluebird in this series. I'm really happy with the way the branches turned out. I was trying to get a feel for distance behind the bird and I do believe the couple of branches in the background really do help with that.


watercolor chickadee painting
"Fall Lookout"
3.5" x 2.5" oil on canvas paper
© 2007


After much pondering I've decided to start selling these miniature (ACEO) painting pre-matted ready for framing into a standard 8" x 10" frame. I'm really impressed with the way the paintings look in a simple frame with ivory matting. Originally these little paintings started out as a way to practice painting. But now, I am spending much more time on them that I wanted to present them in a different way that is more appropriate for these little paintings.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

ACEO's By Rose said...

Hi Madelaine,

I really love what you are doing with these cute little birdies... you've mastered the depth technique... they are wonderful. May I ask what kind of paper canvas you are working on and do you have to prime it with gesso first? They look like watercolors to me! Awesome! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...