September 23, 2007

Fall Lookout

This is the third bluebird in this series. I'm really happy with the way the branches turned out. I was trying to get a feel for distance behind the bird and I do believe the couple of branches in the background really do help with that.


watercolor chickadee painting
"Fall Lookout"
3.5" x 2.5" oil on canvas paper
© 2007


After much pondering I've decided to start selling these miniature (ACEO) painting pre-matted ready for framing into a standard 8" x 10" frame. I'm really impressed with the way the paintings look in a simple frame with ivory matting. Originally these little paintings started out as a way to practice painting. But now, I am spending much more time on them that I wanted to present them in a different way that is more appropriate for these little paintings.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...