January 01, 2008

Little Robin Redbreast

Happy New Year! Another year has come and gone and I suppose it is a time for setting some new goals. I don't always write down or commit to new years resolutions.... but on my previous trip to the art store I found myself looking at sketchbooks. I do have lots of those... but no small ones that would fit into my purse. So, on of my goals is to try to sketch something everyday. I may work on that goal and expand on it as time goes one, but I am going to start simple right now.


oil flower painting
"Little Robin Redbreast"
2.5" x 3.5" watercolour
© 2008


This is actually my last painting I made in 2007... just haven't had a chance to post until this morning. I was playing around with my new Daniel Smith watercolours (no, not the ones I've ordered, still waiting on those). The colours I got are Undersea Green and Moonglow.... they are so much fun to play with and I love the granulation that happens as they dry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...