May 25, 2008

Hot Times in GasTown

This painting is based on a photograph I took during the Jazz festival in Vancouver, British Columbia last summer. That particular weekend was one of the few hot weekends that we saw that summer. I can't remember the name of the building (or the street address either) other than I know it is in GasTown. The architecture really caught my eye, especially the ornate detain around the stone windows.


Vancouver watercolor painting
"Hot Times in GasTown"
4" x 6" watercolour on paper
© 2008


The colours seem a little washed out in the scan as they are much more vivid in real life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Madelaine, neat piece! I'm wondering if you made the windows slightly darker (a darker value than the sky) if it would help give the building more "weight". To me it looks like it is hollow. Just my two cents<
Laure

Madelaine said...

Hi Laure,
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go tonight and post my updated image. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...