October 20, 2008

A Little More on Apple Splash

This weekend was nice quiet weekend. I managed to get some work done on a couple paintings, but never actually finished any. There is still a number of water drops and streams to work on/tweak on my apple painting, but I can definitely start seeing the end of the griselle layer (black and white layer).


chickadee watercolour painting
Apple Splash, work in progress
11" x 14" oil on canvas
© 2008


I'm hoping to have a new ACEO/miniature painting to post tomorrow. I've been experimenting with granulating watercolours for the backgrounds and practicing my floral painting skills. I got some absolutely beautiful flowers this weekend from some great friends. I tried taking pictures of them tonight, but they just don't photograph the same without daylight. The batteries are fully charged and tomorrow I'll be snapping lots of reference photos.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...