January 09, 2009

Chickadee Sketch

No new painting tonight so I thought I would share a page from my sketchbook. My chickadee paintings are created from combinations of sketches and reference photos.... the sketches help to figure out the anatomy of the birds and placement of the scenes. I like to keep a sketchbook handy at my desk and I tend to 'doodle' when I'm on the phone, waiting for programs to run, or generally just taking a quick mental break. In the end, I get lots of these little doodles that I can use to compose future paintings.


chickadee watercolour painting
Chickadee Sketch, ballpoint pen
© 2009


post signature

1 comment:

HU Jiaxing said...

I love this sketch, it reminds me my childhood when I spent almost all day long on drawing the nature. Nice to meet you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...