February 23, 2009

Almost There, Chickadee WIP

I'm so close to finishing this one... it will definitely be done tomorrow. Just a little bit more work on the branches, cone, and other spruce-y details. Still having some troubles with the paper, but I am managing. There is not as much detail as I would have liked in the branches and the colour is too difficult to lift in the bird for any details to be added their.

watercolor Painting
"Spruce View"
work in progress
4" x 6" watercolour
© 2009

I spent most of the day painting on my of my 'almost' forgotten oil paintings. By almost forgotten I mean I hung it in a temporary frame some time ago to see how it looks and completely forgot about it. I'll post a picture of that one tomorrow when I have a bit better light to photograph it by.

post signature

2 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

Wonderful finish! You can't tell from the online image that you've had to fight with the paper!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...