February 04, 2009

Cherries

I think I am done with this one, though I apologize for the glare on the picture (I'll retake that in daylight tomorrow). In real life, the cherries are much deeper in colour and the blue in the background is much more subtle. I'm still working on the photographing of my oil paintings and I am open to any suggestions on how to photograph better.


Oil Painting
Cherries
8" x 8" oil on canvas
© 2009


edit: I've updated the picture with a much better, closer to real life picture.

post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Delicious looking cherries.
I don't know if this helps, but I always photograph my paintings outside in the shade around the time that the sun is highest in the sky. So I have a smaller window of opportunity in the winter months.

sMacThoughts said...

Oh my GOSH. This is really beautiful!

Madelaine said...

Thanks! Glad you like :)

Unknown said...

use the lightbulb for natural light... the ones that are normal house light bulbs are yellow in tint and can screw up the colors in your photographs when photographing paintings. and use a couple. I like to have a light directly above my easel, i i just position myself so that i cant see a glare in the painting. this means you may have to take it looking slightly down at the painting.... then in Gimp or photoshop I distort the painting using lens correction so it looks like its straight on. make sure you have consistent lighting over the whole image too! hope this helps... the cherries came out lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...