February 17, 2009

Spruce View, Work in Progress

I've been busy redesigning my blog and painting on the side these last few days. There is a little more work to be done on the template (pictures, tweaking...) but I am almost done. In between coding, I've starting working on a new chickadee painting (see below). I love the painting... I don't love the paper. I'm not sure what is up with it, but it is not behaving like normal 300lbs Arches paper. The paint is lifting and just generally not behaving well. The background was going to be nice forestly molted colour... but, not I think I am going to stick to a simple blue. Less possibilities of 'weirdness' happening.


Oil Painting
"Spruce View"
work in progress
4" x 6" watercolour
© 2009


At the moment, the background has a subtle glaze of 'sleeping beauty turquoise (Daniel Smith)' and it will receive another layer or two of some other blues (not sure which ones yet) to add some depth to the sky. There are many more branches to come in the foreground which should also help with the depth.

A little ways to go yet on this one... hoping to finish before the weekend.

post signature

1 comment:

Madelaine said...

Hi Vicki! Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...