December 31, 2009

Bike Shadows

My next biggest painting is slowly taking shape on my biggest easel today (thanks Dad for making the easel for me!!!). I thought about trying it on my smaller easel... but, then common sense took over and I pulled out the big one. I started by blocking in the cyclists (one at the moment just looks like a bit of a blob) first just to get a feel for how it is all going to fit. Then, I started blocking in patches of colours just to see what would look the best. I've decided on an orange/purple/grey combination and I think that was a good choice. Lots more work left... though, I may take a break and work on a watercolour over the weekend.



"Bike Shadows"
36" x 30"
© 2009
photo refernce from morguefile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...