April 14, 2010

Outsider - Work in Progress

I thought I would post my latest 'lunch time painting', though it is still a work in progress. This paintings contains two of my favourite things: (1) shiney (2) glass. The scan of this painting isn't the best (lots of texture from the claybord that I can't seem to photoshop out) but the colours are fairly accurate. Claybord really lends itself well for painting shiney things... colours are easy to lift thus allowing the creating of subtle but effective highlights, something that I am heavily taking advantage of with this painting.


watercolour pet portrait painting
Outsider
4" x 4" Watercolour on Aquabord
© 2010

2 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Madelaine.. sometime i would love for you to post your painting with it's reference photo.. I just love your work and would love to see how you translate what you see into painting...

Vicki Greene said...

This is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...