May 09, 2010

Journey Home

I had the urge today to try the gesso board support that I picked up almost two years ago, and this (almost finished) painting is the result. The surface was like a dream! So smooth and so easy to blend! I can see why so many artists enjoying using this surface... and I also wish that I could find someone local who sells it. I would love to try a larger painting on this type of surface, but the shipping from the USA would be... well, rather expensive. All I have left to do on this one is some of the detail work at the horizon and then my signature. Will wait for the paint to dry slightly before that step....

watercolour pet portrait painting
Journey Home, Work in Progress
8" x 10" Oil on Gessoboard
© 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...