February 27, 2011

Dusk is Falling - Almost Done

Just about done this painting... only a few more details left on the tugboat and its barge. The reflections on the water took a little longer than I anticipated as I kept on getting lost on what was suppose to be what colour. My next painting I will have to make sure that I spend a little more time on the initial sketch, specifically the water reflections and that should make it easier to paint.

The photograph of this painting doesn't quite capture all the subtle tones in the background... but I am very thrilled over the atmosphere that I was able to capture. It definitely reminds me of the view from my last home in Richmond, BC: a quiet evening only broken by the odd tugboat slowly traveling up the Fraser River.


Dusk is Falling
10" x 8" oil on wood
© 2011

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...