September 08, 2011

Wood Duck Drake - WIP, Step 2

Last night was a perfect autumn evening... little breeze, cool and crisp... perfect to do some tomato sauce canning.  While the boiling was doing its job sealing the jars... I managed to get a little more done on this guy.  I've started working on the tail and rear water reflection using a multitude of colours.  The one thing about working on a palette like mine (little dabs of paint everywhere)... is that I never really know the name of the colour that I am using... but, I do (for the most part) know where I want to use the colour.  If that makes any sense. 




  Wood Duck Drake
10" x 8" watercolour on aquabord 
© 2011 Photo 
Reference kindly provided by Alan and Elaine Wilson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...