February 20, 2012

Natures First Green is Gold - Bird #64

Finished!  As much as I loved painting this one... I do have to admit that I am very happy to be finished.  The title for this painting is from a favourite poem of mine by Robert Frost:

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. 

 I am not sure why this poem kept coming to my mind as I was painting this one, there was just something about the flowers and the gold stamens.  To emphasize the gold of the painting... I even added a touch of gold watercolour paint to the stamens and the branch. 


 Natures First Green is Gold
Photo Reference:  Alan and Elaine Wilson
approximately 8" x 6" watercolour on paper
© 2012

Favourite Details



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...