June 25, 2008

A Little Ball of Sunshine

I am reminded of a little beam of sunshine when I see this guy... perhaps it is because I painted him as the sun started to shine after days of rain. I suppose the rain hasn't fallen here for a few days... though I have let him dry before scanning.


nuthatch oil painting
"A Little Ball of Sunshine"
2.5" x 3.5" oil on gessoed canvas paper
© 2008


I've been experimenting with colours to use on these little guys. This one is painted almost entirely with Daniel Smith oil paints: Asphaltum, Indian Yellow (a very wonderful rich orangeish-yellow), lemon yellow, and indigo. Other colours used were titanium-zinc white, alizarin crimson and a phthalo blue in the sky. Very very fun colours and I love how they mixed together. This is a colour combination that I will play with again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...